Offering of Tsok and Butter Lamps
At Pema Osel Ling, we do puja (practice) every day of the year as a group, during which we make the beautiful and vast offerings of lights and tsok. In the Dudjom Tersar tradition, we practice to purify obscurations and accumulate vast merit using the skilful means of wisdom deity practice. This has the power to bless and transform our dualistic confusion into pristine awareness, the nature of our mind. Making offerings of lights and tsok creates an auspicious connection with the blessings of the lineage and generates positive virtue in general.
With regard to puja, we follow the lunar calendar and on the specifically powerful monthly days for practice we do the following sadhanas: 10th Day (Guru Rinpoche Day) – Lake Born Vajra; 25th Day (Dakini Day) – Khandro Thukthik or Throma Nagmo and on the moon days (New, 8th waxing Moon Day and Full) we do Buddha Puja and Shower of Blessings. On all other days we rotate the following pujas: Dorsem Lama Chopa, Throma Nagmo, Buddha Puja and Shower of Blessings, Vajrakilaya, Lake Born Vajra, Khandro Thukthik and Dorje Drolod.
The monthly puja schedule can be accessed as a PDF on the homepage
You can make offerings on any day of the year on behalf of yourself and also others. We are happy to read a short dedication, your name and/or the name(s) of your loved one(s) during puja. We can also send a card to the person or family for whom you are dedicating puja (one card per sponsor).
Click here to read more about the meaning of the offering of tsok and butter lamps.
How to make offerings
Tsok and/or butterlamps can be sponsored in the following ways:
- click on the tsok and butterlamp paypal buttons below
- mail a check made out to Vajrayana Foundation and send to 2013 Eureka Canyon Road, Watsonville, CA 95076 (please put puja sponsorship in memo section)
• Sponsor Guru Rinpoche/Dakini Day tsok - $108
• Sponsor 200 butterlamps on Guru Rinpoche/Dakini Day - $50
• Sponsor 8th day, full or new moon tsok - $50
• Sponsor daily tsok - $25
• Sponsor 100 butter lamps any day - $25
• Sponsor any amount for tsok or butterlamps