What is Ngöndro and why will you benefit?
Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche said in his introduction to A Cascading Waterfall of Nectar, “As an example of the importance of the preliminary practices [Ngöndro], if someone wants to build a special house or temple, the most important part of the construction is the foundation in order for the building to be stable.” Similarly, Lama Tharchin Rinpoche taught, “Ngöndro is called a preliminary practice because it lays a foundation for the two main stages of Vajrayana practice: the creation stage and the completion stage. Since it contains all paths to the realization of enlightenment, every effort should be made to complete the Ngöndro in order to fully cultivate and realize its profound benefits.”
Ngöndro is the gateway to the advanced practices of Dzogchen, as well. The lamas of the Vajrayana Foundation have required students to finish their Ngöndro in order to participate in Rushen (a secret practice that comprises the Dzogchen preliminaries), our annual Trekchӧd (Cutting Through Solidity) teachings, and in other advanced practices.
NEW ngondro webiste Link ~~~> Dudjom Tersar Ngondro
Video Conference Schedule
Program members will receive an email with a schedule, instructions on how to connect to Live Video Conference and will have the oppurtunity to submit questions in advance.
Archive Links to Video and Audio Teachings
(contact program coordinator for password)
- Vajrayana Foundation Daily Prayers and Practices (includes Dudjom Tersar Ngondro prayers)
- A Cascading Waterfall of Nectar, Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
- A Torch Lighting the Way to Freedom, Complete Instructions on the Preliminary Practices, Dudjom Rinpoche
- A Commentary on the Dudjom Tersar Ngöndro, Lama Tharchin Rinpoche
- The Words of My Perfect Teacher, Patrul Rinpoche
- Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher, Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang
- Not for Happiness: A Guide to the So-Called Preliminary Practices, Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse
- Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's Dudjom Tersar Ngondro teachings on DVD, Series 19 from Friends of Lama Tharchin Rinpoche (available at a 30% discount by email if you mention you are a Ngondro Program member). The final teaching in this series is also available as a stand-alone DVD with practical application advice from Lama Tharchin Rinpoche.
- Sam Bercholz' teachings on A Cascading Waterfall of Nectar, Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche’s commentary on the Dudjom Tersar Ngöndro, 2013 and 2014. DVDs and MP3 downloads available soon through Dharma Treasures.
Support the Dudjom Tesar Ngondro Program with a scholarship
Make an auspicious connection to the Dudjom Tesar Ngondro Program
and consider sponsoring a participant's practice.
Please go to the Donate Page, click on the RED DONATE button and
enter "Ngondro Sponsorship" for a one-time or $21-$50 monthly donation.
You may also contact the Program Coordinator at (760) 895-2620 or
send a check to the Vajrayana Foundation
2013 Eureka Canyon Road, Watsonville CA 95076